Supplemental WIPA Training Programs
WIPA NTDC Supplemental Training: Understanding Medicaid Web Course (September/October 2022)
Format: Web Course
Date(s): September 26 - October 21, 2022
This four-week web course provides practical information on Medicaid. The course will include an overview of the basics of Medicaid and Medicaid eligibility. Additionally, the course provides detailed information about Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waivers. There will be assessments involving questions based on the material presented in each lesson.
During this training, you will learn:
- The basic structure of Medicaid;
- Possible variations in program rules between states;
- The basics of the common Medicaid eligibility groups for people with disabilities;
- CWIC’s role with issues and questions regarding Medicaid;
- CWIC’s role with advising on the impact of work on Medicaid eligibility; and
- The basics of Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waivers.
- Each of the subject lessons will require that you watch a video presentation.
- Each lesson will also include other supplemental materials to review.
- There will be a short assessment at the end of each lesson. You must achieve a score of 80% or better to pass each assessment. You will get two attempts to achieve a passing score.
- There is also required participation in a discussion board for this course.
- The course is self-paced within the four-week time frame.
Continuing Certification Credits (CCCs): If you are participating in the continuing certification process, we will record 9 CCCs in your myNTC account after the course ends if you successfully completed the course requirements.
If you are interested in CRCs for this course, please contact Julie Schall at email@example.com once you have received the completion email.
Who should register for this training event?
This training is open to all individuals who have completed Part I of the CWIC/Community Partner certification process and are either fully or provisionally certified. WIPA Program Directors may participate regardless of certification status.